The Pilsen-Little Village Nonviolence Education Conference: Heal The Hood, Heal The World will be held on the United Nations International Day of Peace, Saturday September 21st 2013. It will provide an opportunity for individuals and organizations to create peace on a special date shared by people across the world. Join us as we connect our local peace projects to global peace movements, linking the grassroots and international community.
· Panel: Local Parents and Youth Peace Activist
· Presentation: Restorative Justice Peace Circle Training (CEU's will be available on a first come first serve basis. Spots are limited).
· Performances: Music and Poetry by Local Youth Artist
· Exhibition: Pilsen Little Village Heal The Hood Map
· Reception: Violence Prevention Collaborative
Keynote by Renown Peace Activist and Chicano Bestselling Author
Luis J. Rodriguez Luis is an award-winning author of the classic memoir "Always Running: My Vida Loca Gang Days in LA". The book is his story of survival as a young Chicano gang member in the US. The sequel was just released titled "It Calls You Back: An Odyssey Through Love, Addiction, Revolutions, and Healing".
Luis is a renowned gang intervention specialist in The United States, Mexico and Central America. His thirty years of urban peace and gang intervention work was utilized in the development of the Community-based Gang Intervention Model and is now sent across the United States and other countries across the world.
FREE! - Free